Join us this summer for our Teaching with Primary Sources Workshop: Teaching the FAIR Act (LGBT and Disability History).
We invite teachers from the K-12 classroom to join us virtually for our Integrating the FAIR Act workshop. Teacher participants in this FREE three-day workshop will examine the historical roles and contributions of LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities and how to integrate their stories into our history-social science curriculum.
Using resources from the Library of Congress and other noted repositories, teacher participants will examine ways to connect these new perspectives into societies past and present.
The FREE workshop will feature:
• Integration with the 2017 History-Social Science Framework
• Faculty talks to deepen content knowledge
• Discussion of gender, sexuality, ability and lenses for historical analysis
• Support for developing an inquiry-based primary source activity with literacy support
• A $100 gift card for sharing activity at follow-up day in fall (date TBD during workshop)
• A certificate for professional learning hours, or optionally purchase 2.5 quarter CEUs (units require follow-up attendance).
July 28-30, 2020; Combination of virtual synchronous, asynchronous, and independent work-time
Registration is Free, with funding from the Library of Congress.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 530-752-4383