The statewide California History-Social Science Project network is establishing summer online collaborative groups for educators to support each other by sharing resources and discussing challenges of teaching during this pandemic and beyond. Each of the sessions will be held via zoom. Check back frequently as we will be continually updating registration links as new sessions and possibly new topics are added.
Teaching HSS Online
- Session #1: June 9, 4-5pm. Resources from Session.
- Session #2: July 14, 9-10:30am. Resources from session: slide deck and note guide with links.
- Feedback form to help us plan our next session.
- Session #3: Coming Soon
Teaching Elementary HSS
- Session #1: June 25, 4-5pm Resources from Session (more to be added soon).
- Session #2: August 13, 3:30-4:30pm Join UC Berkeley History Social Science Project's teacher leader Brianna Padilla share her approach to social justice in her Kindergarten classroom. Teachers will find her resources and philosophy applicable in all grades! Register at https://bit.ly/TElementaryHSSReg2
Teaching for Civic Empowerment
- Session #1 July 16, 10-11:30am. In our first meeting for this free CHSSP online collaborative, we will discuss what it means to be civically-empowered people and share current challenges, resources, and goals in breakout groups. UCBHSSP Teacher Leader, Holly Royaltey will share a strategy for helping students break down the "why" and "so what" of social problems, and we will wrap up with a brainstorm of next steps to inform our plans for future sessions of this collaborative.
Register at https://bit.ly/Teach4CivicEmpowerment (case sensitive)